John Casablanca Modeling - John Casablancas Review

Jun 30, 2011
review #246380

So i looked online for new modeling agency s for my daughter.I found John Casablanca's in my area so i called the number on the website.She said that they would see her in a week and for her to get pictures of her for her portfolio.

I took a bunch of pics and printed them out. Sometime later i went to the interview.She said my daughter was perfect for it. I gave her the money for the starting cost of the classes. She said it would be $800 for all the modeling.She gave me a calendar of the classes.My daughter is in cross country and she has very weak ankles.

She broke her ankle and it was in the healing. My worst fear was her in high heals. She said she was up to it but i didn't let her. I called later that day to tell them that she wasn't going to be at classes.Then she changed her mind that she won't to do modeling.

I didn't blame her. The wait was unbearable and the place was EMPTY.I called John Casablanca's to get my money back. I got an answering machine so i decided to try tomorrow. I called the next day.

No answer. I left my name my number and my reason for call.

Still Nothing.This was last year and i still call every month with no answer.

aa415ce
Had an experience with John Casablanca Modeling?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Halez

Dec 24, 2012 Tulsa, Oklahoma

When I was in middle school all of my friends and I were awkward looking, overweight, dorky... And I'm pretty sure I hs a unibrow... JC was at a "career fair" taking pictures of everyone including my friends and I. They took a group picture and swore to us that we were super models. We were so flattered until we noticed they were taking pictures of everyone and saying the exact same thing I them. Even the 300 lb girl with a camel toe. I also had a cousin that signed with them and they completely robbed her family of everything they had. This company is a JOKE.

jaeneen

Dec 03, 2012

i got a call back from jc today, and they want to meet up with me. after reading this i kinda want to back out of it now... :? :sigh :(

BT

Dec 13, 2012 Fort Worth, Texas

Yeah, dont do it. I got a call from them yesterday and said they got my information and they were amazed and all I put down was my name and phone number. They say i have what it takes and they never even seen me before. Im not trying to discourge you but just wanting to let you know so you wont be fooled.

Concerned Mahma!

Nov 25, 2012

They sound like John Robert Powers. The excuse they have for paying for class and portfolios is that they want to market you to people but when you ask why you aren't working they say they are not your management team. I would put them on blast in front of everyone. Ex. You know a lot of people have written bad reviews all over the country and a very small group of people get some success but only after leaving this company comments please.

sarah

Nov 19, 2012

they told me i should go to their open house I'm scared now!!

Nov 14, 2012

this company is bs and will sign anybody. i knew an overweight man that went here for modeling and he says that they swore up and down he was perfect for the industry.. and then a friend of mine - who is 6 MONTHS PREGNANT was told today that they really wanted her to sign with them and she has never modeled before. they only want your money, not your "talent" that they claim you have...

Sister of the Scammed

Nov 13, 2012

Modeling classes, seriously? See, my sister is naive and believed this ***. She had professional portrairs done for a portfolio and 'they weren't good enough'. You have to pay $500 for it. They let any & everyone in... For the money. Don't waste time or money- please.

charity

Nov 07, 2012

I just signed the contract i have 3 days to back out and i really need to know what to do?? Please email me charityabram29@gmail.com

scared

May 07, 2013 Denver, Colorado

were you able to cancel fully? i signed contract, sent my cancellation within 3 days, and just got this bill from NEA...

I'm angry

Nov 04, 2012

A RIP OFF! And Annie sucks

vanessa

Oct 27, 2012

I just signed a contract with them today and in exactly a week I go to my first class. They told me I had potential. My dad put $400 in because they had to have something for sure. Every month we will pay 220 dollars until we pay off $2,000. When I got home I searched up how hard it is to get into jc.... just to see how much potential I really have against other people they could have chosen. Turns out I only see link about them being a scam. Now I'm wondering how in the world can I get my money back and leave this company behinf and cancel my contract....

Tash

Oct 13, 2012

I have an interview today with JC. idk if i should go after reading this, but before i make any judgement on them , i'll go and see what's up. :sigh

EAB

Oct 12, 2012

JC IS HORIBLE... DONT WASTE UR TIME!!!

Don't do JC.

Oct 10, 2012

My parents got a call saying they wanted me, now Im not so sure after reading all of this :sigh :eek :x :cry

Sep 27, 2012

To all the people who are negative about John casablancas number 1: just like any other job you either go to college for which you pay for knowing what your job is by going to school is how most people get a head in life and don't ha e to struggle!! Plus those people who put the working into it know learning about things is and being educated is a whole lot better then trying to figure it out or think you have "raw talent" if everyone actually took the time to read on some of the "A list" actors or actress history you well learn that most of them paid for a acting coach and or was a serving actor also to pay for acting coaches. Jim Carey is a good example his family lifted out of a van in order to pay for his acting coach!!!! I can go on and on on actors and actress who have the same history but it would matter because people think they should get stuff for free with out no work which is BS!!! Anyone who works knows you didn't get that job just for your looks or your " raw talent" . If that where the case we wouldn't have unemployment and we wouldn't be in debt. An look at the background on company not a website that anyone can go On and write any thing they want and the company can't fight back on!!! Bbb.org is the best way and professional way to look up a business. John Casablancas has helped many people and I know this because I've don't my researcher not go on a website to look it up!!! It's bad taste and unclassy to bad mouth any company because you didn't get the... Show more

candymelt

May 20, 2013

Sweetheart the first thing you should seriously consider is paying someone at a school somewhere in America to teach you how to write, spell and the proper use of grammar. I received a horrtble headache trying to read through this garbage. Thankfully, I was able to intrepret the message you were attempting to convey. That is all. Thank you.

tay

Jul 28, 2013

this is absolutely untrue. you SHOULD be able to start with nothing. if you really have power and potential in this industry, they will take you with nothing. . I went to Milan with 3 pictures in my book and I've now been all over the world as a model. I never had any BS "training;" I just sent polaroids and they said, "Lose some weight, then Yes. See you in January," (it was November) and bought me a flight. they also put me up in a model apartment and gave me pocket money every week. this is totally random ***. i was on here trying to figure out if they are a mother agency or not. verdict: not only not a mother agency, but a total scam.

yung jesus

Aug 24, 2012

***. nsave your time

Lizzy

Jul 20, 2012

Hey Guys , Soo Today was my audition for JC and They want to see me tomorrow soo I basically got in but i was wondering do You HAVE to take the classes ?

melvin

Dec 19, 2012 Collierville, Tennessee

It gose by the letter grade. A, your good you don't have to
Take the class you have every thing they want nd you know how
Already. B, your gud but you need more training so classes yeah, nd they cost
Because they have the best teachers, C, your not it so maybe
Next time.

1-20 of 46 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about John Casablanca Modeling.
Filing a new complaint about
×